This legal notice regulates the use of the website owned by the European Coalition for Just and Effective Drug Policies (hereinafter, ENCOD) and the access and use of the services offered by ENCOD.
Browsing ENCOD’ website confers the status of User and implies full and unreserved acceptance of each one of the conditions published in this Legal Notice. These conditions may be modified without prior notice by ENCOD. ENCOD will publish all changes to this as far in advance as possible.
Access to and use of the services offered by ENCOD’ website confers the condition of SERVICE USER and implies full and unreserved acceptance of each one of the Additional Conditions published in this Legal Notice and other documents and forms provided during the use of these services. These conditions may be modified by ENCOD, who will notify you of such changes as far in advance as possible.
It is therefore advisable to read its contents carefully in case you wish to access and make use of the website and/or the services offered.
The user also undertakes to make proper use of the website in accordance with the law, good faith, public order, and this Legal Notice, and shall be liable to ENCOD or third parties for any damages that may be caused in case of a breach of their obligations.
ENCOD, in compliance with Law 34/2002, of July 11, 2002, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, informs you that:
- Its corporate name is: European Coalition for Just and Effective Drug Policies
- Its trade name is: ENCOD VZW
- Its registered office is at Guldensporenstraat 61, 2140 Antwerpen/Borgerhout, Belgium
- It is incorporated under Belgium law and registered on June 26, 2004, under registration number 0472.682.681 with the Griffie van de Rechtbank van Koophandel.
You can contact us:
- Postal address at Guldensporenstraat 61, 2140 Antwerpen/Borgerhout, Belgium.
All notifications and communications between users and ENCOD shall be considered effective, for all purposes, when made by any of these channels.
4. Intellectual and industrial property
All contents of the website, such as text, photographs, graphics, images, icons, technology, software, as well as graphic design and source codes, constitute a work whose property belongs to ENCOD itself or as an assignee The use of this website does not grant any intellectual propriety rights to the users beyond what is strictly necessary for the proper use of the web.
In short, users who access this website may view the contents and make, where appropriate, authorized private copies if the elements reproduced are not subsequently transferred to third parties, nor are they installed on servers connected to networks, nor are they subject to any type of commercial exploitation. The distribution, modification, transfer or public communication of the contents and any other act that has not been expressly authorized by those who hold the intellectual propriety rights are prohibited.
Also, all trademarks, trade names or logos of any kind that appear on the website are owned by ENCOD. The use or access to these does not grant users any right over them.
5. Conditions of access and use of the website
The website is free and open access and is intended for persons over 18 years of age. However, ENCOD may condition the use of some of the services offered on this website to the prior completion of a form.
The user guarantees the authenticity and accuracy of all data communicated to ENCOD and shall be solely responsible for any false or inaccurate statements made.
The user expressly agrees to make appropriate use of the contents and services of ENCOD and not to use them for, among others:
- Disseminate criminal, violent, pornographic, racist, xenophobic, offensive, terrorist content or, in general, any content contrary to law or public order.
- Introduce viruses into the network or perform actions likely to alter, damage, interrupt or generate errors or damage to electronic documents, data, or software or hardware owned by ENCOD or third parties; as well as hinder the access of other users to the website and its services through the massive consumption of the resources through which ENCOD provides its services.
- Attempt to access the e-mail accounts of other users or restricted areas of ENCOD’s computer systems or those of third parties and, where appropriate, extract information.
- Infringe intellectual property rights, nor violate the confidentiality of ENCOD’s or third parties’ information.
- Impersonate the identity of any other user.
- Reproduce, copy, distribute, make available to, transform, or modify the contents of this website, unless authorized by the holder of the corresponding rights or it where legally permitted.
- Collect data for advertising purposes, sales communications or any other commercial purposes without the user’s prior consent.
5.1. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE
The content of this website is of a general nature and is for informational purposes only, without full guarantee of access to all content, or its completeness, correctness, validity and accuracy, or its suitability or usefulness for a specific purpose. ENCOD takes care to ensure that the information presented on this website is accurate at the time of its publication. However, over time new scientific and medical information becomes available, and laws and legal enforcement polices change. In addition, laws and legal enforcement policies governing the use of substances discussed on this website vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The reader is advised to carefully consult appropriate sources for the most current information on scientific, medical, and legal issues. Material on this website is not intended to and should not be used as a substitute for personal consultation with knowledgeable physicians and attorneys.
The information on this website is offered for informational use only and is not intended for use in diagnosing any disease or condition or prescribing any treatment whatsoever. The information on this website is not intended to encourage the use of controlled substances. ENCOD specifically cautions against the use of controlled substances in violation of the law, without appropriate professional guidance and monitoring, or without careful personal evaluation of potential risks and hazards. ENCOD specifically disclaims any liability, loss, injury, or damage incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the contents of this website.
In addition, ENCOD excludes, to the extent permitted by law, any liability for damages of any nature arising from:
- The impossibility of accessing the website or the accuracy, completeness and/or accuracy of its contents, as well as the existence of vices and defects of any kind of content transmitted, disseminated, stored, made available, which has been accessed through the website or the services offered.
- The presence of viruses or other elements in the contents that may cause alterations in computer systems, electronic documents, or user data.
- Failure to comply with the laws, good faith, public order, and this legal notice because of incorrect use of the website.
Additionally, ENCOD disclaims any responsibility for information that is outside this website and is not managed directly by our technical team. The function of the links that appear on this website is exclusively to inform users about the existence of other sources likely to expand the content offered on this website. ENCOD does not guarantee and is not responsible for the operation or accessibility of the linked sites, nor suggests, invites, or recommends visiting them. ENCOD it will not be responsible for the result obtained and declares that in no case has proceeded to examine or exercise any control over the content of other sites on the network. ENCOD is not responsible for the establishment of hyperlinks by third parties.
6. Website Donations
Donations can be made on the ENCOD website through the account number indicated on the website.
In case you would like ENCOD to issue a tax certificate the organization would need the following data from the interested persons.
- Name and surname
- E-mail and/or postal address.
7. Data Protection
ENCOD informs that it will proceed to process the data in a lawful, loyal, transparent, adequate, relevant, limited, accurate, and updated manner.
In accordance with the rights conferred by current legislation on data protection, you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, limitation of processing, deletion, data portability, and opposition to the processing of your personal data as well as the consent given for the processing thereof, by sending your request to the postal address indicated above or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can check our Privacy Protection Policy HERE
8. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificate
The SSL CERTIFICATE provides authentication, privacy, and security of information between ENCOD and users. ENCOD has a security certificate that is used by SSL CERTIFICATE to make secure connections. In this process several parameters are established to make the connection securely and is established using pre-established keys, encrypting, and decrypting all data sent until the connection is closed.
9. Legal actions, applicable law, and jurisdiction.
ENCOD reserves the right to file civil or criminal actions it deems appropriate for improper use of its website, its services, and content, or for breach of these conditions.
The relationship between users and ENCOD shall be governed by the regulations in force and applicable in Belgium. If any dispute arises, the parties may submit their disputes to arbitration or go to the ordinary jurisdiction in compliance with the rules on jurisdiction and competence in this regard.