THE ENCOD GENERAL ASSEMBLY HAS ELECTED A BOARD WITH WOMEN MAJORITY
ENCOD continues improving the Drugs Policy and revamps the NGO by an equality gender perspective, giving priority to the participation of the members and the transparent management in a sensible and professional approach.
BÍTOV – The General Assembly of ENCOD was held from 21 st to the 23 rd of September at Konopná farma Vranč in Bitov (Czech Republic). It was attended by more than 15 members and other collaborators joined online. It was a special meeting as 2018 is ENCOD’s 25th anniversary.
ENCOD has always got a democratic structure based on the decisions of the General Assembly carried out by the members of the Executive Committee. During the meeting, a new internal structure has been agreed upon by the members of the GA to improve the efficiency of the organization and encouraging members to participate actively in different issues in different countries.
This new structure consists of 5 working departments, divided in the following way among the elected Executive Committee:
- President: our veteran activist and Italian journalist Enrico Fletzer will head the Department of Civil Society and Harm Reduction.
- Treasurer: the Austrian manager, unionist, coach, Gabriele Kozàr will head the Department of Coordination and Administration.
- Secretary: our new EC member from the Czech Republic, Anna Němcová will head the Department of Communication.
- The Department of Science and Research: headed by our Slovenian EC member, the anthropologist Maja Kohek
- The Department of Drugs Policy will be headed by our Spanish EC member, politologist Ana Afuera Gómez.
During the three days of assembly the projects so far achieved in 2017 were discussed as well as the ongoing projects for 2018. The GA voted on a mission statement as a guide for the organization, especially for the work of the EC.
As challenge for the next year we have committed ourselves to encourage the participation of all ENCOD members. We will remain a horizontal and democratic structured NGO and we will increase the transparency of management, implementing a new plan for the internal and the external communication, to improve the networking and the spreading of ENCOD message and demands.
We are confident of taking a large step towards political impact in the European Union thanks to the new division into departments and thus reaching a better documentation of various subjects and themes related to drugs and drug policies. As 2019 could be a tipping point in cannabis regulation we will organize some actions in and around UN.
We are very happy about the newly elected EC and are pleased to keep working on our main goal, to achieve the peace on drugs. We point out again the Freedom to Farm, as it is everybody’s right to grow every plant. To claim your rights, come and join ENCOD!